Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starcom Advance Mic

Skorn

I got my first Seven recently, and it has a Starcom Advance but didn't come with headsets.  It seems the starcom website doesn't allow you to order from it, and their phone number is disconnected.  Does anybody know if any other places sell compatible head sets?

Pretty much everybody is out of stock, I'm afraid.  Starcom seem to have ceased trading ... their distributors seem to have sold out ... motorcyclists have switched over to using Bluetooth kit from Sena ... etc.

If you're determined, you can get your hands on motorcycle earpieces and microphones and you might be able to fit those into ear defenders, but you'll need to sort out connectors, etc.  Good luck!

• Leadership Team

Starcom gave shocking service and were remarkably expensive.  When they were still in business I tried to buy one new headset from them and they wanted to charge almost as much as a brand new system.

I did source a second hand one through eBay.  Failing that, I'd get something new.

Hmm, ok.  I don't think I'll bother buying the headsets if they aren't likely to be supported in the future.  Will stick with my wireless earbuds for now, and will get something new for if I have passengers.