Click here if you are having website access problems ×

3D printed parts.

graearea

I've had the car a week and so I've started making some bits and pieces. so far it's just go-pro rollbar mounts and errrm, bike clamp guides. my next few things are some bike clamp guides so that I can take the bike AND have the roof up. here's them in use:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbUkCLCsA69/

they locate the bars of the bike to the rollbar downtubes and then zip-ties(soon to be short ratchet straps) hold the bars to the... bars. version 2 will hopefully allow me to mount them a bit lower and allow the half-hood. the first prototype is printing as I type.

anyone else using 3D printing for anything?

for my next trick I'm going to try self-cancelling indicators using an accelerometer, a microcontroller and some buttons. anyone know if I can use a mosfet to handle the relay part?

first proof of concept for my self-cancelling indicators.

my idea is to have  small box on the dash with a switch on it to disconnect it from the indicator switch which it'll be wired into.  then two buttons on the wheel with a spiral cable and a decent connector of some kind.

I can't be relied upon to self cancel. I've caught myself driving down the road with the blinker on a bunch of times. especially easy in a noisy car with the sun behind you.

next job is to design the button case and figure out how to cable it from the dashboard.