Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pinched Oil Hose

bodaduk

Hi All, I'm building my first Caterham, 420R SV, and I'm having an issue with the oil tank to sump CAT39C059 hose.

I've tried it each way round and both inboard and outboard of the strut. I've also tried to position it every way I can. I've attached a photos of the best I can get it and in the recommended orientation. It is still pinched.

I've been back and forward with Caterham Build Support, the hose is not short compared to others in stock and they are saying to leave it to the Post Build Check, however that seems too far down the line and I don't want to do engine start with the pinched hose and equally don't want to miss out on first engine start.

Hoping someone has had this issue before and solved or have suggestions and can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Graeme.

20210813_194011.jpg.70ba7b5eefc9e24c56b7f57df56e4824.jpg

20210813_194022.jpg.4a7bcf8aee9a002921a3d3f6ba388ead.jpg

20210813_193930.jpg.2e4065e5a3505083066a81449ba504aa.jpg

20210813_195429.jpg.eacb319b70a2009047db8e3a653ae056.jpg

I have a photo form the factory of a 420 SV, poor quality, I will try and post later. The hose end (connected to the sump) looks a little flat to me, it should be pointing up a bit. 
Also is your alternator fitted, can't tell from the photos.  If not it will dictate that hoses position, especially near the pulley. 

My cars not handy at the moment but I do remember that when I built it I had a job to find out how to fit the hoses. 

It got to the point where I decided that they'd sent me the wrong hose set. I took pics and sent them to Derek who said they seemed OK. 

Tried again and they went in perfectly. To this day I don't know what I was doing wrong in the first instance. 

Just looked at my car which I built in 2019. I think hose should be inboard of the strut and angled up a bit to make a smooth curve inside strut and I used a cable tie to secure to strut. I did manage to get hose wrong way round initially, corrected at PBC by Caterham who said it was a common mistake although you say you've tried it both ways. Certainly shouldn't be kinked like that, but you already know that. Good luck.

Tony