Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack Dash - speedo and odometer calibration

Blackmamba

Hi

I have a stack dash fitted to my car and noticed it was over reading the speed by about 15% i.e. showing 46 mph when my GPS speedo is showing 40mph, 81 when it should be 70 etc. While this is a bit irritating, I know all cars over read the speed a little so didn't worry about it.

While it is fairly obvious / logical, the odometer is also over reading, presumably for the same reason? 15% is quite a lot and obviously the recorded mileage has a potential bearing on service intervals, insurance (I have a limited mileage policy) and values etc. My car is showing 17k miles so the reality is it has probably only done 15k or so.

Stack instrument display was serviced earlier this year Has anyone come across a solution for this or do people just accept the variation for both speed and miles?

Thanks in advance

You can use the GPS readings to calibrate your Stack unit. Measure the ratio of desired to currently displayed speed and adjust the pulse rate or wheel circumference factor accordingly. Then repeat until they match.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of the Stack manual.

Jonathan