Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chitchat Page Bug

Dave Hardcastle

Speedy response Jonathon!

I always mark forums with new content as read at the end of a session, so that I know what I have, and haven't read.

I use a Debian Linux computer with the open source Chromium web browser, on which Chrome is based.

In answer to your questions:

1) I always log in and out at either end of a session.

2) I'm fairly sure I recently cleared the cookies and data in this browser, but I've just done so again. I doubt this will help as it only ever occurs with the Chitchat forum, no others, but I stand to be shown as wrong *eek*

If the error doesn't occur again I'll update this thread in a week. If it does occur, I'll update this thread during the same session. I usually browser Blatchat once a day.

Dave

#4 Just to clarify my last post, only the Chitchat forum has not been marked as read when the error occurs. I checked when it happened again this morning.

For error reproduction purposes my exact actions are; 1) Open 'New & Updated' 2) Open all forums shown in previous step, in new tabs. 3) Read any threads of interest to me, in a new tab, closing tab when read. 4) Leaving 'New & Updated' tab alone, visit each 'forum' tab, select 'Mark forum as read'.

The last step above is when Chitchat throws the error, but all other forums work as intended.

#5 I've seen posts that suggest the site has been hacked. Also a lot of duplicated posts, which I believe you've already mentioned.

Dave