Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help - Amber Engine Warning Light

varadybj

I have a new factory built 280S (USA) with only 200 miles so I am new and this morning the amber engine warning light came on when I went to start it.  Looked for obvious.  Any ideas on what to check?  Owners manual says to use an OBD generic scan tool for error description.  Here lies my problem, I probably will have to buy one, but don't know location of plug. I am sure instructions will tell me how to use it.  No dealer near by so I hope to fix myself.  Bert

Thank you for the replies. Neighbor came over and attached his OBD Scanner and the readout said it was unable to establish communication and wanted me to verify connection and ignition in on position.  Rechecked, same results.  Any ideas on next step?

It will be an mbe ecu rather than the lotus one that does support obd. 

You will have to get hold of the correct comms lead for an mbe and connect and see yourself. Last time I looked an mbe didn’t actually operate the mil and some cars get a back feed to the light so it glows slightly when it’s actually doing nothing. This may have changed since 2015 mind you. I’d see what the selling dealer says