Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale Wishbones, Carbon Wings, Steering Rack, Rear Diffuser, Tonneau

Steve Day

Hi – I have a few parts still available;

Front wishbones – Wide track set-up off of 1998 De-Dion S3 – lower left is slightly squiffy after nudge of Recticel at Prescott. It’s salvageable. (I fitted new to car on both sides before sale). This also includes nearside 13” wing stay. They are useable but could really do with rubbing down and painting, so they’re an ideal purchase for those long winters evenings coming up =  £70 the set.

Steering Rack (Quick rack 20%) – I replaced this too. This one is actually OK – there’s no grittiness in the action and the rods appear straight. £50.00 (Worth a look if you need one in a hurry!).

Rear Diffuser – This is for the above car too – never fitted (it’s as new). If you’ve been reading the aero article in the Low Flying magazine you’ll know that sorting your aero out can make a difference. I was asked what this undertray actually does by another Caterham driver. So, I asked Simon McBeath (he of the aero article fame...) who said that they do make a difference if used with other devices. These devices would specifically include using a front splitter and undertray. So, if you’re looking at doing this it could help gain some extra advantage on any higher speed runs. £200.00 (offers?)

Carbon Cycle Wings and Stays (13”) – apparently these have a diagonal weave pattern. They also have cut outs to drop the wing onto the stay more efficiently and this reduces the gap between the tyre and the wing – hence reducing drag (as I understand it!)... marvellous!

They’re not perfect - £150.00 the pair (offers?)

Caterham Tonneau Cover. Again this is from a 1998 S3 De-Dion. it has a section let in for a driver’s side high backed seat - with a low seat on the passenger side. So, it’s ideal if you’re out for a blat or on track on your own and don’t want the passenger section flapping around!

I believe that the tonneau would suit a car with a standard roll-over bar. £40.00

I will post any of the above to UK mainland addresses (if you pay the courier charges). Or you can collect – 5 minutes from J15 M40.

Text - M: zero 7836 38447 three     Cheers SteveRackandwishbones.jpg.1e9569cf6deb3b3f8ffa8d65daeca471.jpgCycleWingsUndertray.jpg.2e93ff9e0b3b9324f915964f1c8ace82.jpg