Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Getting Started (A Complete Mechanical Novice!)

robsandbach

Progress! Thanks to John and SM25T I managed to get the cable out and, eventually, the throttle pedal removed! I then spent a good hour trying to simply bolt it back into the new slot before giving up! I'm not sure whether it's best to try from above or contort myself into the footwell and do it from there but I'm going to try again tomorrow. 

I think one the challenges is the pedal shaft virtual holds the bolt head in place and prevents it coming out which makes trying to turn it a challenge. I'm thinking of bending the shaft back to allow free movement of the bolt to try and make the challenge of screwing it back in a little easier. Maybe some lubricant on the bolt too!

Thanks, as always, for the help!

I just wanted to thank everyone here. I completed the throttle pedal adjustment and took her out on track at Oulton Park today. What a car, what a feeling. Of course I have a bunch more questions, for which I will post an alternative thread, but thank you everyone for helping me get started with my first ever mechanical work! Much appreciated :)