Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Build manual for R500 Duratech

r300chris

Hi all, I'm trying to get hold of build manual for my car, however I'm aware that caterham didn't issue a specific one as they were mainly built in house.  I've tried Jonathan Kay, but all manuals he has are not quite right for detail I'm after. I'm looking mainly for data on hydraulic clutch, as I managed to shear off bell housing to clutch slave copper pipe.  I've fixed this using a standard CSR clutch pipe. But would like any info to prevent such a calamity again.

Will post photos when I've worked out how to do it

any info appreciated regards Chris

I tried to undo bleed nipple, which was seized in fitting that's shown, rotated it, I then tried turning other way and the hydraulic oil then came out bottom of bell housing. It sheared copper pipe.  I should have held the nut !!.  Luckily I have an access port, but not easy to repair in situ.

I don't think the assembly of bell-housing hydraulic contents figures in any of CC's Assembly Guides, simply because that type of assembly would be carried out before the kit is dispatched.

It might be worth asking CC if they have any technical data sheets or Workshop Notices on the subject.

JV