Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K click and is removing the manifold easy on a k series ?

My 7 is suffering the k click . It already appears to have the relay mod but the wires used are not the right size, 

Does anyone know how much cable and what colours I need to order, I believe the size is 3mm . 

Also how hard is it to remove the manifold as I would like to re-rout/protect the cables with some thermal sleeve. 

Many thanks 

Jon

I keep a supply of these cables to facilitate their change as a service item when heat has done its thing by reducing voltage.

each one is covered in additional heat protection sleeving.

routing is down under the starter to achieve minimum of 10cm from primary. Same with main cable to battery.

starter is turned so that solenoid is more down under. (A Brise).

I would measure the required distance with string or wire. 

I believe I have experienced every variation of COD.

My primaries are a b to get at, 15mm socket but every different type of  shape. Maybe practice improves the matter. 

Anhony R500K 50,000 heat soaking  miles.

Jon

No start on hot engine; far too many no start memories of that. On one occasion it was the wire (multi strand) that holds/connects the brushes inside the starter that were also fried, on another the main feed wire (removed) was so stiff it snapped when bent. Yet another was the solenoid feed with 12v fed in, had only 7v (I forget exactly) at the other end. So engine starts when allowed to cool. Eventually it won’t start when cold, so the cool off time slowly increases to infinity.

One proof is push start usually starts her.

I did write this up somewhere in the old blatchat.

Anthony

I entirely bypassed the original starter solenoid wiring from ignition switch to starter, but kept the original cable from battery to starter, around 16yrs ago.

Still works first time, every time, also around 50,000 miles with a tubular exhaust manifold