Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seats [620R]

CtrMint

Sorry guys more woes.
Thought I'd fit the seats, get them out of the living room. I've got the 620R style seats.

First issue I've found is that the hardware kit does not match that in the manual and so I'm missing the appropriate length bolts etc.  I received x2 3FV179A but need 30Z1062A for the fixed rail and 30Z1063A for the adjustable rail.  That's taken from the new manual.  The old manual references a previous design of fixed tube which isn't the same.  The fixings I got are totally different.

I also received x8 10mm plastic spacers attached to the seats in a bag, the spacers are the same size.  The manual clearly states I need spacers of different sizes.  

I've emailed Derek, but wondered if anyone knows what the correct configuation is?  I'm tired of CC.

My bolts are M8x35 caphead instead of being a mix of M8x25 and M8x20.  Is this because I have larger spacers?

Mind you the rest of the configuration doesn't work, for instance I dont have the large washers for under the floor.

My 620 R seats bolt in with something like an M5 bolt about 30mm long . The bolt head takes an Allen key and is chamfered to take a washer about 30mm diameter . 

Same bolts for both the fixed seat and the seat on runners .

Will go and take a photo and post here in a minute . 

M8, mate........

I wouldn’t be too concerned about part numbers. The bolts just need to be long enough. 

IIRC, original fittings are cap heads fed from above through the runner and a steel flat washer and nut underneath. 

The CS setscrew fed from below through an aluminium CD washer is neater but only works well, IME, with captive nuts in the runners. 

There are no spacers between the runners and the floor so the bolts don’t need to be too long. Spacers go between the runner and the seat. 

Thanks all.

Well I've got to the point of bolting the seats underneath and found that the holes in the floor are all over the place. I can at best get 3 in. The holes are also way bigger than the M8 needed, how the hell do they get away with that!

I truly hate this car!

My drivers seat, adjustable for reach, has spacers between it and the runners. 

Again IIRC, different sizes F/R because the seat shape doesn’t fit the runner shape exactly. 

Of course, if non adjustable it just all bolts together without spacers. 

I’m talking about composite Tillets, BTW. 

absolutely, they are correctly orientated.

I've just swapped the fittings underneath for the ones that Mark w used.  After some significant force on the seat I've just managed to get the remaining bolt in.  I guess using the other type of fixings they can get away with such large holes as the washer surface is much larger.   So annoying this approach isn't in the any documentation, for a novice like me this is really challenging.

I tested the cap head bolts on the drivers side too, they pretty much pass all the way through, i think the holes are drilled to M10, nuts.

Drivers side has gone on with greater ease too.

It’s normal to have to enlarge the holes a bit to give the required wiggle room to get the bolts aligned. Does your car have strengthening strips / channels where the rails bolt through? At various times the rails have been bolted directly to the floor and I’ve seen situations where 1.5mm aluminium isn’t a sufficient mounting structure so always add some plates.