Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What are alternatives to the Titan K-Series Gold Pump ?

GPBox

I don't suppose on your soon to be purchased CNC milling machine you could knock up a K series dry sump pan for the price of a wet sump? Will only take a hour or two 

I'm afraid that just the billet alloy lump would cost enough not to make this profitable.

300x450x60mm is around 35kgs of alloy say £6 for each, so just the lump will be over £200 plus VAT. Then you need to make fixtures to be able to mill from at least three sides. (Bottom, top and the entry/exit side).

A lot of work for something that's not strictly necessary (yet) is not worth it when you can get it here: https://caterhamparts.co.uk/throttle-cables/3114-sump-pan-dry-sump-rover.html?search_query=sump&results=131

• Leadership Team

No, the Pace system used toothed crank and pump pulleys and a separate tank.

The Pace twin scavenge setup has already been used successfully with a Caterham belltank by using the original tank inlet positioned below the tower as the second tank inlet, together with the main tower inlet. If swapping from the gold pump to a readily available alternative the option of twin scavenge / tank-feed has to be considered because it would give a big improvement to the scavenge circuit which is a weakness of the Caterham setup. This would allow the system to run at a suitable negative block pressure as is usually desirable with a dry sump setup, the Caterham gold pump simply cannot draw that negative pressure without often hampering its ability to scavenge. My ideal setup would be a Pace type pump using the normal belt pulley and tensioner so that in practical terms the car is standard.