Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help Needed obtaining sump plug washers for wet sump k series

Ralph45

That's called a Dowty washer or Dowty seal. If you measure the inside diameter and then do a Google search for that term you will find they are readily available, or take the old one along to your local hydraulic shop and they should have one. They weren't used as standard, just copper or aluminium washers of one of a couple of sizes depending on the thread in your sump plug, but some people use them especially if the sealing surface isn't perfect and the plug has leaked in the past.

Thank you for that unfortunately I have now refitted the washer so I can't take any measurements from it until the next oil change.

are they any better than the ones offered on that auction site that come free with the oem  100181 filters?

They're only better if you need them, as in - if plain copper or aluminium washers leak. If not, there's no problem to solve. I've used various copper and aluminium washers and never had a leak. But these sumps do take a battering and can get a bit of damage around the drain hole, in which case if not completely flat a plain washer may leak.