Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stilo intercom systems

mossy7

Looking at intercom systems to encourage trips out with Mrs M in the 7 and have seen several systems by Stilo which seems affordable  and ideal for my usage. That said, I haven't heard of them before. Anyone got any knowledge or experience of these? 

Andy

Just done the T-COM bluetooth into some JSL Sonis 2  ear defenders (as they had yellow rims to match the car and weren't quite as attenuating as the JSL 'compact' ones), the instuctions on here can be found by using search for 'bluetooth'. They work great, very pleased. The ear defenders I got are rated as 31 SNR and they really do silence the car, quite neat though when you rev hard the mic pics up the noise and sound comes through the in ear speakers but in a subdued way. No wires, easy to manage and connect to your phone / sat nav etc. One observation, I am shorter than Garth and my head matches up to the headrest, the presence of the bluetooth device attached to the ear defender makes for me turning my head left a litle akward as it bumps into the headrest. I have to tilt head forward slightly and then turn head. Garth I think who did the build looks tall in his pictures and his head / ears seem to clear the headrest completely and so I don't think he will have experienced this. Not a big drama for occasional use.

Hi Andy.  I have used a stilo practice head set.  For our last two trips round Scotland they are very good.   Only problem are the two wires from the control which is battery powered.     We borrowed them of someone.  But think they are for sale on demon tweeks  site around £300 

got a bit fed up with wires so bought pair of Sena wireless head sets £500.   But personally.  Think the stilo were a better fit and also cut out more outside noise they were also  more comfy    Would be good if you could find someone local.   Who had a set you could try.   Did first trip round NC run without intercom.  Don’t no how.  As when had intercom.  Tottaly diff 

if you need any more info.   PM me or phone 01624 674908.   

Derek