Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Blat Maps functionality

Mucus72

My free trial has expired. I still have access, but only limited route planning tools, and not the navigation options that I would consider upgrading for (if it actually works).

As a monthly subs service, its not too bad, but I would hope that the buying-power of the L7 Club and its members usage would earn us all a (small) discount.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Support Team

If you are logged in and  joined the L7C myrouteapp group then the discount should be applied at checkout. Sorry, I haven't used the app (my car does most of it's mileage on track!!!)

Cheers Rog. Are you on iOS or Android? The MyRouteApp forum / support pages seem to have a few disgruntled iOS users at present.

My ultimate aim is to be able to create a Blat route on my laptop (MyRouteApp web page) and the open it on my iPhone for navigation in the Caterham. Reading the support pages, it sounds like this may not function that well as the two systems use different base-maps. Also, when loading a web-created map in the the Mobile App it does not follow the planned route (waypoints) but reverts to 'best route / fastest route' etc. This would take all the fun out of the twisty route planning…

Please can you share your experiences so I can evaluate the MyRouteApp navigation paid-for package option. The web stuff seems to work well, but does it translate to the dashboard or do I need to load the route in to another navigation device (a Beeline Moto is on my options list too).   

Thanks for your help, Malc

• Leadership Team

Malc,

To the best of recollection, I have outlined below my approach etc, with the caveat that it was last Sept and I've been to sleep since then, so details may be a little sketchy

Operating system: iOS

I bought an iPhone 6S Plus 2nd hand to act as my GPS. My employer does not allow many apps to be donwloaded onto their provided handsets and i wanted the larger screen to read whilst in the moving 7.

Being a tight sod (and with hindsight incorrectly), I bought a SIM-less handset, as I didn't want to sign up to a fixed cost just for a 7 day trip. Having spoken to Marcus (our MRA Guru), prior to departure I better understood how best to use my set up while in Spain.

I created all my researched Blatroutes on my Mac and saved them in MyRoute_App (which are available for all). Once in Spain (and this was the practical challenge), I had to download the Blatroute for the day at the hotel using WiFi prior to departure. Again with hindsight, this rendered me unable to change tack part way through the day - for example if the route was not quite as good as expected, or we fancied investigating roads nearby. At the time, i could only download one route per day which was also a bit limiting - THIS MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE SEPT 2018. 

What works very well is the fact that My_Route App for advanced route creation and the Navigation App are made by the same team - so uploading routes was very simple. There was no need to 'translate' via one of the established GPS provider platforms (Garmin, Tom Tom etc)

I think that covers the key points I can remember

good luck and feel to ask more questions if required

Rog

Have just signed up to the My Route App and I must say I am impressed.As an oldie  I am not too good with technology  so for me to be able to export a route to my Garmin is a major acheivement. I have tried in the past with different systems but never had any success.

I have question however,I have put the 2018 Fish &Chip run onto my satnav, If I use it from the start in Chepstow when I get to Aberdovey can I use it in reverse to come back to Chepstow ?