Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MSA News - Harness Hologram Labels.

Comp Sec

There were a few competitors at Aintree who were advise that the Harness belts were on the wrong way round,

Well in this months MSA mag it has been confirmed that when you are sat in the car the Hologram should be on your left hand strap.

So please before your next event check your straps as now it has been published they will be more pedantic about ensuring that it is correct.

HarnsessMarking.JPG.f431c13905d7a96f06f77936cf4f46c2.JPG

As far as I know there is no other marking on them, however the MSA have issued an Edict that the Hologram is on the left one, so i'm sure that it will be a hot one for the scruitineers and as always nobody has the answer of why.

• Area Representative

Like Dan I would like to know the reason why

I think its likely to depend on the manufacturer.

On my Shroth harnesses, the tangs that plug into the buckle are different from side to side. They will actually plug into the buckle on the wrong side, but the angles are then all then all wrong.

Shroth.jpg.b6c7e6d7406e853cff8dfb7f3d17f18b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The MSA have replied as follows:

The locating of the FIA hologram on the left shoulder strap of the harness is part of the FIA homologation requirements for harnesses. Firstly it ensures that the harness straps are installed in the correct way and as tested by the FIA, as many harnesses have small variations in the shape of the buckle latches of the left and right shoulder straps. But secondly it assists the scrutineers greatly when the labels are in a common location on every harness so they do not have to spend time searching for the label.