Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shurlok EP100 - Problems and Replacement?

brianjhall31

Had an issue with my immobilizer (Shurlok EP100) at the weekend.   Switched off, waited 30 seconds for beep to indicate "armed", nothing happened, did not worry until went to restart. Battery Cut Off ON, straight away long (5 sec+) beep, tried cycling Battery Cut Off ON/OFF, still long beep.  In desperation inserted immobilizer key (no LED lights) and ignition on, then pushed starter button.  Engine started (thankfully!) but long beep continued every 5 secs all the way home!   Switched off and went through same start cycle again, beep still happening.  Eventually tried cycling ignition switch ON/OFF THEN Battery Cut Off ON/OFF.  Tried normal sequence again and problem gone.   Suspecting the Immobilizer I looked for the supplier (Shurlok) only to find they have ceased business!

Has any one else had issues with their Shurlok EP100 (believe they where fitted in the early 2000) and found a reliable replacement?  If so do you also have the instructions on how to disconnect and fit the new unit i.e. wiring?   Obviously I can't just remove it without compromising my Insurance.