Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacing my Moto Lita for QR Momo. Roadsport

intermanxnorton

Hi Guys

Well I’m a ‘newbie’ to Caterham 7 ‘s and I’m hoping someone out there can guide me through replacing my Moto Lita wheel to a QR Momo? What’s involved, and is it straight forward, hopefully without any major trauma !!  I have the new coloumn and Momo along with 2 nylon bushes just in case.

please help if you can.  Phil

Welcome.

Not too difficult, but sometimes there's a problem getting the bushes into the right position.

As always when removing a steering wheel don't pull it towards your face without considering what's going to happen when it suddenly makes a high-speed bid for freedom.

Have you got the appropriate Assembly Guide: let me know if not.

Jonathan

PS: Does that change require moving the horn button?

Hi Johnathan

I would like a copy please of the assembly instructions, that would be great thanks. Ref. the horn: it is separate using a push button on the dash. Thanks for the tip viz. having your front teeth knocked out. I did this years ago whilst changing a s/wheel on my Mini: and never forgotten.

As always when removing a steering wheel don't pull it towards your face without considering what's going to happen when it suddenly makes a high-speed bid for freedom.

Good advice.  You'll likely need a hub puller anyway, so that will reduce the risk to your teeth considerably.  I use a 3-piece one like this.

JV

Phil a heads up. 

To save you having to buy another centre pad for your QR Momo, you might want to get some extra 3M Dual Lock to supplement the meager existing fixing to the wheel.  I speak from experience having spent 2 hours searching for my lost centre boss in a Spanish hotel whilst it went up and down in an elevator after it became inexplicably detached.