Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series 'Classic ' * SOLD * - 160bhp upgrade

ian3

Your 'advert' on here (this thread) is entitled 'Car for sale'. Your advert on Pistonheads simply says 'Caterham'. You need to do more work for the buyer. At least describe the model of the car in the title.

Your advert main photo primarily shows a different car that you aren't selling and then your advert text breaks sentences over separate lines and still doesn't tell me the model of the car.

Buyers are lazy. They also want to be enthralled and actually sold something. You're advert is ambiguous and even as a Caterham enthusiast leaves me confused and needing to go and do research before I can understand just what it is you're trying to sell. 

Meant as constructive feedback, hope it's taken that way.

That's a standard question and one I've never understood.

However, in your case the answer is simple: "It's such a great car and I enjoyed it so much I bought an R500." Don't refer to anything but the car for sale in the advert though, save it for the chat when they get in touch.

That first contact is just as much about you determining if they're a time wasters as it is for them to find out more details about the car you're selling. Don't be afraid to be brief with them, if they're actually interested they'll want to arrange to come and view the car. Save any haggling for that point when they're stood in front of it and are actually offering to complete the transaction.

I did think of that after I’d typed it, however, currently it almost appears a bit boastful in a way potential buyers may not like - just my opinion.

I’d loose the R500 picture and put something like this at the end of the advert:-

Reason for sale - upgraded to more powerful caterham.

It does look a nice esp with the 6 speed box, however, with engine enhancements you rarely get your money back.

Good luck with the sale.

Stablemate to R500 so now for sale- [Remove this]

Great value [Remove this, it's just an opinion] - could not be replicated for the price [This makes me start to wonder just what it is. A replica of what? WHy would someone want to replicate it? It's just adding confusion]

R300 performance from [Ah it's an R300] [Why a line break?]

one  of the last classic models sold [Oh hang on, it's a Classic]

1600 cc DVA K series engine giving [Why a line break?]

160 bhp and 125 ft lbs U

Gas flowed head,Piper Cams,Verniers,Jenvey throttle bodies, Emerald ecu

Powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust

6 Speed Gearbox

BMW diff

Yokohama AO 48's

Leather Seats

Lowered Floors

Full Harnesses

Mechanical Oil Pressure Guage

Less than 2000 miles

Full weather equipment

Owned for four years since purchased from Caterham.

Only used as a road car.

Open with a clear statement about what it is and then spell out the good bits. You've hidden some gems about its spec in here.

Caterham Classic.

Very low mileage,  Caterham Classic for sale. Usual classic spec but benefiting from the following desirable options:

• 6 Speed Gearbox
  • BMW diff
  • Yokohama AO48 tyres
  • Leather Seats
  • Lowered Floors
  • Full Harnesses
  • Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge
  • Full weather equipment

Engine upgraded by well-renowned K series engine guru DVA.

• Gas flowed head
  • Piper Cams
  • Verniers pulleys
  • Jenvey throttle bodies
  • Emerald ecu
  • Powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust

Proven 160bhp and 125lbft giving R300 performance.

I purchased this from Caterham Cars 4 years ago and am only selling as I've upgraded to a Superlight R500*.

*Added something like this back in in case you still want to field that question in your advert. Keep it at the bottom though.

• 2 weeks later...