Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1974 Caterham for sale

Chapman101

Hi, 

I'm looking to sell my 1974 Caterham, chassis number seven of the first run of 20 Caterhams to be made, back when they were still called seven cars limited. 

It has a fascinating history including race history going back to 1975, which potentially makes it the first Caterham to ever go racing, although I'm not certain of this, maybe someone on this forum will know more! 

It runs beautifully and is still used regularly, but i don't get out in it as much as i should, so thought i'd let it go. 

I'll share some photos and provide as much information as I have to any respondents 

Both Bonhams and H&H had a look at it and valued it at £25k, but i'd let it go for less, as both of those houses would have charged me a small fortune for the privilege. 

Thanks

Adam

I must apologise for Wrightpayne's rudeness perhaps the clue is in the name.  It is always difficult to put a value on older cars especially when there is a rarity factor, which there is with your car which in essence is an example of the Series 3 of which Lotus produced the lowest number of cars of all Series of the 7.  In my opinion it is the most collectable of all Caterhams.  I would suggest that you post it on Car& Classics rather than here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chapman 101, it must be an age thing (us not the cars), i think my '81 sprint will go on the market soon ive had the thing for over 12 years. I guess its a similar spec to yours since after talking to bruce at Arch it appears that its essentially an s3 lotus since caterham didnt really change much until the long cockpit cars around 83/84. I must tell my pal who has driven mine a lot and is looking for one.

• 1 month later...