Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Gearbox mount

blueyedbiker

Afternoon all, I'm about to drop a X Flow and Type 9 gearbox into a 2000 De Dion chassis and my c.1996 assembly guide says in bold print "A 9/16" gearbox mount spacer is required on Ford 5 and 6 speed cars".  (Section 12.2). It also talks about a "chamfered edge" to the mount but as far as I can see the mount is symmetrical so I'm guessing that the current mounts supersede both these issues?  Ta.

Mmm, thanks for the response Elie, the gearbox/bellhousing spacer is already in place, that one gets referred to in Section 11.1 b), the one referred to in 12.2 - the section that deals with the installation of the engine and 'box is called the "gearbox mount spacer" and the implication is that it sits between the 'box mount and chassis plate.

I think I'll just drop it in and see how it looks, it should be apparent if it needs the 'box lifting.

CCC not very illuminating on the subject.

Evening Jonathan, beaten by technology at present, can you give me a few hints on how to upload photos from my laptop on to the page? 

The mount was bought from Mick at Redline.

I can't see anything on the CCC website that looks like the mount, no surprises there but interestingly enough part No 72295E (out of stock of course) looks like the the spacer.

Well that turned into a challenge so at last here's the photo.

Redline are brilliant, Mick and John are a mine of information and they hold a good stock of bits for older models.  Not too bad a hike either from here in leafy Wooburn.

/sites/default/files/images/users/4897/GB%20mount.jpg