Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7 Ford based 1700 Supersprint. ** Now Sold **

genneton4

Caterham 7 Ford based 1700 Supersprint.

Comes with private plate  (K1 JEC)  valued at between £1500 and £2500.

Completed in 1992 from a complete factory kit. I have all the original Caterham receipts, the build manual and a series of photos (a wall plaque), detailing the build. 

In addition to this the car has padded armrest/centre console, silicon and braided hoses, full wet weather gear with hood with transport case, HPC wheels with good tyres, chrome headlights, 4 point harnesses (normal seat belts are available if required and are easy to fit), 4 branch Racing stainless exhaust . Caterham toolkit, a Clayton heater - not fitted, rear disc brakes, braided brake lines, adjustable seats and it has only done just 9K miles, it was garage built and owned for many years and just sat in their showroom with annual exercise to the MOT station.  The fuel pipe flexible's, fuel pump, water hoses, brake master cylinder , battery, front brake calipers and brake pads (EBC) have been renewed, adjusted the wheel bearings and checked the complete chassis over it is in great condition. Running very nicely.
Reluctant sale.  Only 65 miles in the last year - I think I need a car with a door now.

0115 9521622 (Notts)

Genneton4@aol.com

£11,995 ono

I think I will be in a similar position soon, Sue's already there - a car with door I mean! And a better hood would be nice.

I've been looking, just casually, for a more age friendly replacement, and apart from modern stuff, they are way out of my price bracket. Even Morris Oxford convertibles (MGB's) have shot up in price in recent years.

For the same price as I would probably get for my 7, I can only see stuff like Lotus M100, Reliant Scimitar GTC, the odd TVR, and for a bit more; Lotus Elise or VX220. I can hear every one shouting MX5, but I'm hoping for something a bit more exclusive.

Any suggestions?

Col