Click here if you are having website access problems ×

We're going back to Oulton Park! Club trackday on 23rd May now open for booking

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

We're going back to Oulton!

This will be the first time that the Club has visited Oulton Park for several years.  It used to be one of our ‘sell-out’ days in years gone-by and for good reason – a wonderful, entertaining yet challenging circuit located in lovely Cheshire parkland, easily accessible from the M6 and other major roads.  The track layout combines quick straights and entertaining swoops and dips with a number of challenging bends including the banked Shell-Oils hairpin, the double-apex Lodge Corner and the famous Old Hall corner.  Simply brilliant in a Seven.

Format:

We will be running Club-exclusive sessions throughout the day (a 20 minute session every hour), providing roughly two and a half hours of track time in total.  There will be drivers of all experience levels out on track at the same time during the Club sessions but we are limiting numbers to 36 cars and, with plenty of instructors available, we are welcoming drivers of all ability levels. 

As usual at our Club trackdays we will be hosting a social event for the evening before the event, the ESV will be in attendance, our ‘Buddy System’ will be offered to help the lesser-experienced and instruction will be available without additional charge.

Booking:

The event is open for booking via the page that is linked here or by using the Booking Form which will be included in the April edition of Low Flying. 

Pricing:

Participation, including the benefits identified above, is great value at £229 for one car and main driver, with additional drivers (who must be Club members) welcome at £25 per head and passengers at £5 each.

This looks to be a cracking Club event at a ‘must drive’ location – book your place now!

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Well done that man!

Actually, the event is filling up nicely - just 10 places left as of this evening - so we seem to be well on the way to recreating the great Club events and atmosphere at Oulton Park of years gone by.

James

• 5 weeks later...

What a great day. Superb circuit, sunshine, well organised, well marshalled and with the politest bunch of drivers I think I've ever been on track with. The marshals were very quick with the blue flags but they were already too late as the slower drivers were almost without exception aware of what was coming up behind them and had already waved the faster cars past. The first time I've ever been to Oulton but I'm sure I'll be coming back *driving*

What a great circuit, I had been told to expect difficulties with off camber corners etc but I have to say I had a blast. Not literally like Dave did - hope you have fixed your car! My first visit and enjoyed it very much thanks to the organisers and fellow trackees. *clap*