Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raising the rear ride height - advice

F355GTS

I've Avo dampers with adjustable platforms but I can't get the rear ride height high enough, at times I'd like to take it up maybe 25-30mm more than it currently is

I've wound the springs up as hard as I can but without using a spring compressor they won't go anymore despite there being another 2" of thread but would suspect anymore preload would make the rear too stiff

Is it a case of buying longer springs ie +25mm-30mm in the same poundage (I think they're 150's) or should I be increasing the spring rate too for a longer spring?

thanks

THanks, they are mounted through the tube and the first set sent had to be returned for shorter ones as the DD tube hit the side chassis rails, there is now approx 1" clearance at full droop between DD and chassis so can't be any longer

Hi Ian, let me have a measure 

tbh the car handles very well as is but I'd like to raise the front a little as the sacrifical plate on the front of the sump grounds at times and to keep the balance I need to increase the rear. Front sump clearance is approx 45mm

Hi Mark

I'm sure I've had less clearance at full droop between the Dedion tube and the chassis rail, more in the order of 1/2 inch.

My car is in bits at present so I can't measure, all I'd say is as long as there is some clearance at full droop it's OK, so you could potentially gain 10mm length in the shock....

Have a chat with Simon Rogers, I'm sure he be able to give better advice than me....

Cheers

Ian

Dampers are 440mm and mid tube mounted, Springs are 10" and Faulkner I believe.

Avo don't do 1/2" lengths and as I know the next size up will cause the DD to hit the rail.

Is my simplistic approach of just buying longer springs in the same poundage not a solution?

Mark

I am not sure a longer spring will help as you still have some adjustment available on the platforms, however suggest you check the spring is not coil bound. Have you tried adjusting with the chassis supported on axle stands and the suspevsion at full droop. If it is still tight then I would check the maximum length of the damper as it may not be long enough to give the adjustment you want.

The dampers at 440mm are correct length and any longer is incorrect.

Mark just had a thought, you have undone the bolts on the A frame three bushes as well as the trailing suspension arms and also the watts linkage arms with bellcrank before trying to raise ??