Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DVA K01 & Kmaps ECU

2004Academy80

Date booked with Dave on the 20th Jan.

K01 kit - Piper 633 Cams, vernier pulleys with an extra modification to the existing TB.

Decided to pair this with a Kmaps ecu (yet to finalise this with Mark). 

Anyone else followed this route?

I literally can't wait for the new year to arrive.

• Area Representative

I've not gone down this specific route, but you won't be disappointed with Dave's work. I hear good things about Kmaps too, but I went down the Emerald route.

A DVA ported head would compliment what you're having done too, but appreciate this is a big chunk of additional cost.

Enjoy *driving*

I had a fair bit done by Dave this year, alot of the things you mention were part of my upgrade too, I then also went to kmaps after the upgrade..both experiences were great, the ecu map was great and helped get a bit more out of the mods from Dave although I may switch to an emerald next year...the pops and bangs the map can add in are entirely addictive, I have a sound clip somewhere...pm me if you want and I'll send over.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies.

I thought I'd add my experience post mod for any future readers.

What can I say, Dave (DVA Power) and his wife are both very welcoming and I can't recommend his workmanship and attention to detail highly enough or the bacon butty.

I pretty much froze on the drive there (-3deg) but warmed up after the first of many coffees.

I spent the day with Dave whilst he worked on my car;

Piper 633 Cams
Vernier pulleys,
Modified the TB for improved response.
Removed the unused engine mount & added a replacement cover.
Fitted my Kmaps ECU.

To say I am happy with the transformation is an understatement, midrange torque is vastly improved, it feels much more rapid and responsive.  It sounds so much better to.

I'm grinning from ear to ear...... definitely money well spent.

I did the 633's, verniers. 52mm TB & engine mount delete to my last car, made it feel kind of Supersport+ (like an SS but with a sharper edge).  I've amassed enough bits (except cams) to do the same to the present car although might have Dave fit the cams and set the verniers this time. Also have a new Apollo kit to add as well. I will then get the Kmaps bit done to complement it all (that was the only thing I didn't do last time).

Obviously a set of Trophy or forged pistons, porting from Dave plus an Emerald would be even nicer but maybe they'll be the next step. At the same time a lightened flywheel and front pulley would be nice... where do you stop?

Wanted to build a 160 kit this year but the wait and cost weighed heavy so as I already have a Seven and many of the parts I'll make the most of what I have, seems the most cost effective route to near nirvana to me.