Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sigma 150BHP

david nelson

Chris

trying to get people discussing pro and cons before the meeting.

Oli's 151.3BHP and 120 Ib ft should be a class 2/3 car every day of the week. what I can not get my head round is there are cars this just under 155 will others are just about or closs to 140 BHP.

Simon proposed last year that we should just have a power limit. This has always been a sensible option in my opinion. 

From my prospective if I currently want more power and Torque I have to get a 1.6 K series then take it to a rolling road and optimism it to meet the regs.  Again madness

David

• 2 weeks later...

"Simon proposed last year that we should just have a power limit. This has always been a sensible option in my opinion. 

From my prospective if I currently want more power and Torque I have to get a 1.6 K series then take it to a rolling road and optimism it to meet the regs.  Again madness"

These two sentences contradict each other.  If you only have a power limit to work to then all engines would need to be taken to a rolling road and optimised to meet the reg's.  

Also you'll end up with a race to find the most conservative rolling road.

The new rule is 158bhp.

So now thats what people will be doing and the easiest way is a Sigma.

Do anything you want and get it mapped at Northampton and then wind it back.

You probably won't need to do much just clean up the head, MBE 9A4 - ( plug and play) and if you want some nice cams just to smooth everything out.

We know 1.6k can get there with lots of porting.

But the 1.8's are going to be left at less than 150 - probably mid 140's

Currently looking at options to increase my power. If I spend 3.5 k I am able to get to the power I want either with a sigma, 1.6 or 1.8k.

it just would have been so much cheaper and easier to pop an ecu on and get it mapped. Would have cost under 1k. 

I guess next year there will be a further vote and others will see what's possible and we will get to just a power limit.

hay ho it's only money, and you only live once.

david

If you are spending that sort of money why not just take the plunge and measure your talent against people in equal equipment David? Go racing... Pound per minute it's cheaper than sprinting. In addition with Grads and the Caterham supported series he who has most talent not money wins..