Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slick tyre sizing

TomB

Ive acquired a set of SLR wheels with slicks tyres that I dont want to keep.  They are Michelin sized 16/53-13 (front) and 23/57-13 (rear).  Can any one translate these into a size size I understand - like 185-60-13.  The rears look enormous.  Ill be selling, probably via eBay unless anyone would be interested here.

The 16/53 fronts are ideal for 6J rims and are becoming a bit thin on the ground. Do you know how old they are? 23/57 rears are, as you rightly say, bloody enormous. They'd suit a 10J wheel I reckon, as they swamp even 8J anthracites. How much are you after for them and I'll put some feelers out for you? I use 20/54 rears and 16/53 fronts.

Hi Mankee, Ive got a for sale post for a tenner each. Im not sure how old they yet - the web might help me track down a code for year of production.  Ive got a localish guy interested in the fronts. I wonder as the rears are so big Ill struggle to shift them.     

Hi, local guy wants the fronts. Probably not worth the effort on getting the rears down. The guy who I bought them off is possibly having a clear out of slick shortly, located south M25 area. Keep an eye out on BC. 

hi sorry to hijack this but I think I brought one of the 3 sets the gent was selling just off the m25. I understand this was last set  which had wets 20/54-13  4.5 mm 16/53-13 3.5mm he included a set of slicks 16/53-13 4mm 13/57-13 3mm   i   am down sarf. near brighton speed trials ,  up for £50 the lot need the room the rear were 8"