Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Flat battery

roachw

BAE's preferred fix was to introduce a new earth strap going from the battery earth to the starter motor.

Glad it's sorted.

But I don't understand why this helped or was necessary. Nearly all 7s don't have this problem at nearly all times. It seems to imply there was still a bad wire or bad connection in the circuit that this has bypassed.

Jonathan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used a CSI airflow conditioner and a Ultramax NP10-12 battery for the last 10+ years. Although the 7 now resides in a dry garage I used the above combo in a damp and draughty prefab garage previously. The conditioner has been and is plugged into the battery 24/7 whenever the car is in the garage. No problems to date *thumb_up*

I've recently switched to a gel battery NPG22-12 and really should get round to changing the wiring on the immobiliser from permanent 12v to switched 12v.

I don't know why my 7 is so unique regards this problem, probably never will.

But I do have one final question, could this fix be responsible for an improvement in performance? I'm convinced my car is quite a lot "friskier " than before. At first I put this down to having not driven the car for a while. The next time I drove the car it still felt very frisky, which may have been due to the the frosty weather. But I've driven it again recently and I'm sure it's quicker. Could it be the fix had resulted in a better spark at the plugs? That's the only thing I could think of.