Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Accelerator pedal alignment

glasgow

Trying to move the accelerator pedal further away but no luck.

There are 2 bolts holding the pedals:

26431411944_b9b632ac7a.jpg

26942632482_67480d9da4.jpg

26968346061_aaf0c302b8.jpg

A) vertical bolt (red circle in the pics): I removed it but this didn't help.

B) Horizontal bolt (red arrow in the pics): I think this needs to be moved from its position in the first "hole" and to be relocated to either 2nd or 3rd hole. However, it is stuck. I used spanner but looks like the bolts is soft aluminum not steel and I ended up "rounding" the edges of the bolt. Used mole grip but still cant loosen the bolt

If I need to bend the pedal. It doesn't look to be an easy job, it looks thick aluminum. Do you bend it while it is in its location? what tool you use to bend?

Appreciate your thoughts 

Thanks

Ahmed

Yes, it's the horizontal bolt. I've never had a problem removing it. And mine wasn't aluminium.

Have you started down the usual route of some penetrating oil (not WD40), a few hours' pause and then trying to turn it both ways? Let us know if that doesn't help.

I don't have a 7 in front of me and don't know what the other bolt does.

There's an enormous amount on bending in the archives. I like the two Martins' approaches in this thread. But I couldn't bend mine near enough and currently have a block on the pedal to get contact where I want it.

There's also limited positioning possible by adjusting the cable.

Jonathan

OK, for the horizontal bolt (red arrow) how is it attached to the bracket/chassis? ie is there another bolt at the outer end near the car skin? I can't see there is tread in any of the other two holes in the third pic, so how would the bolt re-fit in one of these two holes?

And after I move the pedal a hole or two toward the front of the car, how would I adjust the cable mechanism to compensate for the shortening? (This looks different than the bicycle brake cable I used to play when I was a little boy) *smile*