Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Danfoss Oil Pressure Sender - where do I get one from?

Iain McCallum

• Area Representative

Hi fellows,

After eventually finding a tool that I can extract my sender without taking anything off the car (2011 Sigma 150bhp):

MELTM22 TM Metric Double Ended Box Spanner - Size: 22mm x 23mm x 125mm from Tool guru (http://www.toolgurus.co.uk)

I am struggling to find a seller for the Danfoss 1350 sender:

large_IMG_0042_0.JPG.b331d1c40ddd8573247887f729244ba4.JPG

large_IMG_0046.JPG.7c59167eb377d6b9fbca9c008087fde9.JPG

I intend to try an electrical replacement before changing to a mechanical as this would be a much easier thing to fix (currently reads like oil temperature rather than oil pressure!)

If anyone can help with a supplier it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Iain

As above, if it's a Ford part it'll be cheapest and available there. Danfoss stuff is commonly used in HVAC applications and in some ways I'm surprised it's failed although it may have been designed/spec'd not to last forever in this application. Danfoss being who they are there will be a spec sheet for it somewhere, they used to do books (hardback and soft back) with all of them in one place one of which I'm pretty sure I have in the loft albeit perhaps 20 or more years out of date.

Yes, I can see the general reference for that part range (MBS 1350) the number below it on the transducer will be the exact part.

I think they prefer to deal indirectly via 3rd party resellers which is why getting one from someone like Ford who buys in bulk should yield the biggest discount from the OEM price.

edit: Harsh operating conditions (laughs), automotive use is no worse than that as part of an a/c or fridge system really, not a massive temp range to endure externally or internally and the fact that it's internally snubbed should help the pressure sender last longer by reducing pressure pulsing, maybe it's not snubbed enough but then again maybe it's just a 1 in a million faulty part. In some ways it's interesting that Ford have fitted a part that carries out 2 functions as typically I've always found temp and pressure sensors as separate items.

Last year I got a replacement for the Danfoss sensor from Caterham Parts for my Sigma 150.

Rather than Danfoss it is a Variohm EuroSensor EPT2100.

Came in a pack labeled CAERBONT PTTR2300-10KIT which included a redundant sub-loom which I assume is for another engine type.

N90GxRsNSMlnqU6QTCXMViN9Tx67NmMou0d7n9HH

ARXORT_KWNsvQK-BgVW5lNyW4mKrYkjGRTyvc5JK

Mort - I didn't want to mention it as this thread was talking about the Sigma sensor but I'd love to be able to fit a Danfoss or similar sensor to a K series and sidestep the present arrangement but avoid going mechanical.

... but I'd love to be able to fit a Danfoss or similar sensor to a K series and sidestep the present arrangement but avoid going mechanical.

What are the issues, presumably thread type and depth and pressure-resistance relationship, and what do we already know about each of those?

Jonathan

That's interesting and perhaps points to the standard arrangement killing the sensor through vibration through its solid mount onto the filter housing or perhaps some kind of liquid hammer at startup whereas a sensor isolated by hose would see less vibration and possibly back drain when not in use.

I put it down to being well away from water, and not suffering thermal shock when going through puddles.  Either way it works.

Credit goes to Peter at SPY Motorsport, who came up with the idea.

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/oil-pressure-switch/fae-12610_g805_a24012610.html

It's not a part made by Ford but a part fitted to many Ford cars - your local dealer should be able to get one, I can't imagine they'd not be able to supply one for a run of the mill Focus.

Remember when looking that the Sigma engine is actually a Zetec SE - no common parts to the black or silver top Zetec. 

Try giving Burton Power a call.