Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon nose and wings. Best Quality / Cost option

10uptobase

Hi

Am looking for advice on alternatives to CC's carbon nose and F/R wings on my 2007 S3 150 roadsport as wish to replace current original glass items as part of planned makeover (new paint job too.) I am running original wheels / tyre sizes.

Looking for lower cost than CC but also good finish / ease of fitment / delivery time. Suggestions?

thanks

Dave

• Leadership Team

Hi Dave,

A question that has been asked often times before :)

I did some research into this a couple of years ago. Ultimate Carbon are definitely worth a look. Or you could try Carbon Mods. When I looked these guys seemed ok but things may have changed since then - it's a bit a changing market as folks come and go.

A little further afield (Germany) is Westermann Motorsport.

Give each of them a shout and if you do a search for 'carbon' here on BC you'll find some folks commenting on previous posts with some more first hand experiences.

PS - whereabouts are you? - I'm just north of Derby. Happy to chat if required. Blatmail me your info

Cheers

Rog

General Secretary

Hi Roger

Ah, how soon they forget - I must have one of those faces, or 7's...*hehe* (I believe we both worked for the same off highway company - I have since moved on.)

Thank you for the leads however - I have already got a quote from Westemann.  Will check out the others (any idea if nose cones come with catches / pre drilled?)

thanks again

Dave

I recently did this and ended up getting nose and wings from Ultimate carbon.

I think Carbon Mods no longer supply carbon for Caterhams and Mog carbon is wet lay?

Saying that, i have carbon half doors from Mog which i'm very happy with but if i was looking for wings and nose again, Ultimate carbon would be my choice.

+1 for Ultimate Carbon front wings. Not the best company at replying to emails in a particularly timely manner, and they're made to order so it's about a 4-week delivery (or mine was, this time last year), but the wings are great.