Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Apollo - one way valve?

prs

As requested, photos of my one-way valve here and here.

I personally like the idea of it pulling up pressure the instant it starts but I know some argue it isn't really necessary. I don't know enough about engines to know either way but for me it offers some peace of mind.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Anyone bought and fitted one of these valves recently?

This post has been dormant for a while.... was planning on fitting one this spring. I guess I need to give Matt at Think Automotive a call. I can't see a -4 valve on their website any more, only -6.....

Ben

Bought, yes. Fitted, no - Dave (DVA Power) fitted my Apollo whilst I tried to keep out of his way. It does as many before me have described. Think fitted the valve to the breather for me.

You're welcome to a look and I'll dig out the paperwork to find what I bought on Think's recommendation.

PS How you missed me grinning a waving like a loon in towcester on Saturday is beyond me.

me too. I looked for these parts on the website but no luck.

After I have left the car sitting for a week then it can take 15sec after starting for the oil pressure to come up... I have a mocal oil cooler fitted as well and I think that delays the pressure coming up as well.

Mike

I suspect I'm not the only one who has a file of paper to go with the car but it's just proved to be useful.

Invoice reads:

1 x Product code CVF7-4 "One way valve flap -4JIC" £56.34

2 x Product code HETF7-4-3 "-4JIC FML straight for -3TFE" £10.00

Plus VAT. Order dated July 2012.

*wavey*

• 2 weeks later...