Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Park 27th May - Best Place To Stay The Night Before ?

Barkalarr

• Leadership Team

A few die-guards (or The Daft Ones) typically camp at the track the night before and head into Louth to meet up for food.

in previous years we have also used an excellent B&B in a beautiful Rectory just outside the town. The owner myself have retired by now but I can check

Having spoken to James and Dave, we're very keen to get any newcomers to Club trackdays and/or Cadwell to meet up prior to the event, so I may break with camping tradition and see if there's still space at the Pack Horse.

the local curry house and Italian restaurants are ok too

Rog

Gen. Sec.

Hello all !

I sent my booking form off this morning for the cadwell park track day and I have reserved a room in the Kings head not far from the pack horse for the evening before.

This will be my first time at cadwell in a car.

It would be nice to meet for a beer and food the night before.

jamie.

• Leadership Team

Don't forget - for all travelling up to Cadwell or anyone already in the area the night before the track day - Dave and I will be arranging a curry venue to allow everyone to meet together ahead of the event.  We have agreed the arrangements with a local restaurant in Louth; details to follow...

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Booked in at the Pack Horse now. Thinking of trailering the Caterham up there but car park too small for it. Does anyone know if it's possible to leave the trailer at the campsite or securely at the track? And which campsite are some of you staying at- The Poacher's Hideaway?

Looking forward to a curry for sure...

Cheers, Simon

Hi, I'm not sure you'll get it in the Pack Horse car park - it only holds 8 cars and looks quite tight (looking at Google street view). Have rung Cadwell Park and they say you can leave the trailer/car in the paddock area. There's a security guard on duty in the office all night. Obviously at owner's risk, but was told others leave their cars there.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite fancy this track day as I have just got myself a Caterham and joined this club a few days ago.I'm back at work tomorrow. Then away in France,back on the 19th then straight back at work so I would have to drive down on the day.I would like to give this a go but it seems like I'm cutting things a bit fine, ideally  I would like to speak to someone on the phone, I don't do modern communications.I have just fitted an FIA cage and sorted out the steering rack, plugs, Lambda sensor,etc,etc and it now seems like it handles and goes O'K so its as ready as its going to be altough its only a 1.4  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Do you need to book to camp at Cadwell, are there any facilities? although all I need is a toilet, I will be using a tiny tent so any small patch of grass will do.

If I camp I will probably get there about 21.00hrs will this be OK?

Might be a bit much driving down and back in one day