Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Uprated Propshaft?

cskip

If you are going Sadev then I would use the 620R prop . It has bigger joints and end castings which are stronger than the standard . This prop is used in the R300 race cars as well ( they use the Sadev now ) 

The one in your link looks to have an earlier design .if it fits I would get the latest version .

Bailey Morris make the uprated prop. I ordered one from them last month. Great company to deal with and great product. I was told it's the same prop as a 620R and the R300 race cars. However, the Caterham-supplied item isn't lightened but mine is. Worth a chat with them.

cskip

Yes re the faulty prop being the subject of the notice  but it also shows the much larger than standard journals on the correct 620R  prop . Just compare that with the prop on your car ..... 

I dont really know what you are asking .

If you are asking if the cars that use the Sadev box have a beefier prop than standard the answer is definitely yes .

If you are asking why, my guess is because its deemed to be more full proof , if you have ever seen the damage that a prop does when it fails you would see why it might make good sense .

When you flat shift on the Sadev box the ignition cuts and the gear slides in but you can get the odd shunt with a dog box which can load the drive train . Thats why CC used the ford diff ( stronger ) and why they uprated the prop.

I am sure the standard prop would work , whether it would last is another matter ....................................

Thanks for the info everyone.

I suppose the questions that follow on from this are:  What was it that caused CC to uprate the prop?  Were there a number of failures, if so under what circumstances?  Did someone calculate that the prop was insufficient?  or was it just a case of belt and braces?

I am not questioning the logic, it all makes sense.  Just curious as to the background..