Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Maximum adjustment, seat back and pedals forward!

Brian Deacon

I am finding the seating position a bit of a challenge, and need as much length as possible.  Do not want to waste time on an issue which I am sure has been tackled many times before.

Pedals. I have two pedal positions (Metric chassis?) and the pedals are in the forward position. Is there anyway of moving them further forward by modifying the attachments?

My seat is at its furthest rearwards (leather seat). The limiting factor is the bottom of the seat back hitting the chassis bar at the rear of the cockpit. Raising the seat runners about 1cm lets the seat bar come over the chassis bar but only gains about 1cm backwards before the seat back hits the bulkhead.  I am considering lowering the floor (when CC have them in stock), but if the seat runners are lower then due to  the angle of the seat back it looks like the seat will have to move forward because of the chassis bar. Hope that makes sense.  Any experience on the best options?   

Yep.. wind the clutch and throttle pedal stops all the way down.  Clutch and brake can then be adjusted at the linkage with their respective mater cylinder to move the neutral position further into the travel. For the throttle, you'll need to loosen off the cable tension to account for the lower pedal position, and/or bend the pedal a bit.

Yes, although there are no stops that control the pedal rest position.  Instead, the pedal moves until the master cylinder reaches full extension. The linkage can then be wound in or out to adjust the pedal rest position.

The throttle is slightly different and does have a stop at both ends, both of which can be adjusted.  Its a case of ensuring there is enough cable tension to hold the pedal against the stop at rest, and that the WOT stop is adjusted correctly to fully open the throttle body without stretching the cable.

It'll all be clear when you take a look in the pedal box.

A Tillet seat would sit you lower and further back, I mounted mine as far back on the runners as possible so there is only a few mm between the seat back and the bulkhead. I could barely drive an S3 with the leather seat.

Duncan

When looking to buy a car I had avoided the Tillet seats thinking they would be uncomfortable for touring. The budget will certainly not run to one now.  With a lowered floor and the pedals adjusted that should give the small amount of extra room I need.  Should have the diff back this weekend and can then get the brakes refitted and bled, will then look at the pedal positions as described.  Thanks for all the advice.