Click here if you are having website access problems ×

oil pressure

gavingraysonr300

Hi can anyone tell me the correct oil pressures for my car 1.8 k series r 300 dry sump the pressure gauge has been changed to a mechanical i think when starting up runs around 60 and then when everything gets up to temp it seams to run around 35-40 on idle and then back up to 60-70 on higher revs maybe a bit more on harder driving. Also has anybody fitted a low pressure warning light in case the oil pump belt snaps while driving to give you a warning are they easy to fit ?

Also has anybody fitted a low pressure warning light in case the oil pump belt snaps while driving to give you a warning are they easy to fit ?

Yes x2: the most common approach is to fit a T-piece where you have your current sensor and fit your original sensor and an oil pressure switch to that. Some of the links in those threads are probably bust. but they might work from the corresponding thread in 213-04.com.

Jonathan

Hi

My oil pressure [1.8K] was pretty much the same as that on my blat Wednesday, combination of cold [ish] weather, 5W50 Comma and idle at around 1100rpm I got 2.8bar [40psi] hot idle and around 4.5bar [65psi] generally when running above 3000rpm. I have wet sump with Apollo.

Having a mech OPG has made me very "in-tune" [read paranoid *yikes* ] about OP, particularly when powersliding around the odd roundabout [ *whistle* ].

Julian

ps - put a space either side of smilies otherwise they don't work [carp software!!!]