Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Posting Word Tables

Felixgogo

• Support Team

I know the table tool in our CMS editor isn't great so you can either post as a picture (which can be hosted on the site although there is a size limit) or link to a document (which can also be hosted on the site). It depends on the size of the table and it's intended use as to which option is best.

• Support Team

A

B

C

D

E

I have just pasted the above direct from Word 2007 so I guess it does sort of work. The problem comes if you want to adjust the width of the columns as that is not possible in the CMS - it tries , badly, to auto-adjust depending on the content of the cells

A

B

C

D

E

I adjusted the column widths above in Word

• Support Team

It would appear that you need Full HTML editing to be able to paste a Word table. We have had to restrict members to "Filtered HTML" to avoid some of the wilder and riskier HTML coding that a user might use.

If required, I can paste a table into a post for you, especially if it's a useful technical post.

Shaun

Jonathan, Shaun,

Thanks gents - I have just spent 30 minutes pulling what is left of my hair out trying to get this table into a post.

I've used paint to create a jpg, successfully uploaded it to the blatchat server, but when I post it I get a 'comment is required' dialog, and it fails. Also the preview shows it to be much smaller than it is on my screen, but as it fails I'm not sure if it will be right sized or not.

I'll give up on posting it in the forum and try posting it as a link.

Cheers

Ian

Arrrrgggghhh!

OK, I have finally managed to post the table, but the post dialog window has some weird bug, I post the link to the photobucket hosted image, press enter, and try to type 'finally''under the table and this is displayed on the screen as ýllanif' - what???? The word is typed BACKWARDS!! and then the image disappears again when I press 'post'.

This happens every time I try it.

I managed to do it successfully by typing the word 'finally' first, then posting the image.

I'm going for a lie down!!

• Support Team

Hi Ian - you can send the jpg to me shaun dot elwell at lotus7 dot club and I can try posting it for you. Posting pictures is normally OK although, as I said, there is a size limit. Or, if you send me the Word document, I can see if I can get the table into the post for you. Posting a link is fine as well or even uploading the original Word doc.

Shaun