Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Misc. K bits: stat relocation kit, blanked coolant submarine, coil, cam belt covers, cam covers...

Mankee

Thread updated as I've found some more odds and sods in the garage that someone might find useful.

Replacement cooling submarine without the take-off for the header tank. I used this to do the Low Flying cooling system mod. Dimensionally the same as the standard submarine, but doesn't have a flat bit. The stains are coolant, honest. It's not that an exciting piece of car part. Picture here. £SOLD

Oil filter adapter bolted to the block. I bought this new from Rimmers, fitted a blank to the bottom port and slapped it on my engine to fix an oil leak from a hairline crack in my old take-off. Comes with the four bolts and a new gasket too. Picture here. £SOLD

My cheapskate version of the QED stat relocation kit. The fitting instructions will be identical to the QED. Included is a gutted stat to replace the existing stat in the standard position, another stat housing with a 82-degree stat to fit into the top hose, some bits of silicone, a reducer and a joiner for the stat bypass to brass T-piece that fits in the header tank --> submarine pipe and all new Jubilee clips to get the lot connected up. I never got round to trying this lot out unfortunately. Picture here. £SOLD

Outer non-VVC and lower belt covers and bolts. I used these with my old de-VVC'd engine, but the outer cover obviously won't fit with the VVC mechs in place. I made a plate free hand (yes, I know, wobbly free hand) to cover the hole where the engine mount used to be. Pictures here and here. £SOLD

EU3 cam cover and plastic coils cover with R*VER emblazoned across it. Comes with oil cap and the rear small breather has been blanked. The front breather has been dressed a little and there is also a blanked off drilling for the Apollo breather. Ideal if you are fitting an Apollo! Pictures here, here and here. £15

Ignition coil, fixing bracket and king lead. My car was originally a 1.4SS and the coil was fitted on the engine bay side of the driver's footwell. It's a Unipart GCL143 and worked perfectly before removal. No longer needed as I've gone wasted spark. Pictures here and here. £10

Also as a result of going wasted spark and EU3, I have a couple of rubber leads spacers that fit into the gaps in the EU2 cam cover. Took me a little while to track some down as they are NLA from Rimmers and I paid nearly £8 for them. Yes, for two small bits of rubber to separate my leads! Picture here. £5 inc. delivery

Set of clutch cover bolts from the original 1.4SS engine. Used obviously, but I kept them for a rainy day as they were a weird spec; M7 x 14mm I think they are, with a normal hex head. Picture here. £5 inc. delivery

2x empty thermostat housings. They seem to breed in my garage. Shedloads of money for a new genuine one (nearly £50 from Rimmers!). They will each come with two new housing seals, although you only really need one in a Caterham install. And if you want a stat to go with them, I have an 88-degree one knocking about. Picture here. £10 each

Finally, something else that seems to breed in my garage are brake pad shims. They are all from sets of Mintex pads and I have an MGB533 set for standard calipers and two sets of MDB1890 for Elise AP fronts, VX220, Hi-Specs, Brembo two-pots and maybe some APs and Alcons. Picture here. 1p per set inc. delivery

Hi Jack. I never actually got round to relocating my thermostat in the end, so I don't have a picture of it fitted unfortunately. I've now plumbed in a PRRT which is a bit of a beast and quite heavy. Basically, the stat fits in the top hose, noting the flow direction arrows, and the bypass hose is very long so that you can chop it down and fit the tee into the header tank to submarine hose however you like. Hope that helps.

Hi Jack. I can't comment on QED/pikey remote stat versus PRRT as I haven't personally used either. Yet. But I've chopped up my silicone hoses to plumb the PRRT in now and I don't want to undo all that work! Drop me a line and I'll cut you a deal, seeing as Christmas. But I'm not Santa though. *xmas*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a few more bits that I don't need any more.

SFS silicone heater bypass hose in red, which goes between the thermostat and the coolant rail. It might possibly be long enough to cut and be used in a heater install. It has a joiner and two Jubilee clips near one end as I modified the coolant circuit at one point and then changed back again. Worked perfectly and leak-free until I removed it earlier today. You need Jubilee clips for either end, but I might have some new ones of the right size that you can have. The closest equivalent I can find on Caterham Parts is a short-ish piece between the stat and the heater, here. Picture here. £20

I've got a couple of dash panels from pre-96 K-series cars, one from my own car and another from a club member bought to use as a template for a new dash. Both are a little modified from standard but still do the job fine. One has a bit of yellow paint in the top-left corner and the other has some white paint in the top-right. Please state which one you would like! Pictures here and here. £20 each