Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What Battery - 1995 xflow

Barkalarr

Battery - any old 12V/41AH will do.

Spark plugs - B8ECS (0.6mm gap).  These can foul easially if you do a lot of sitting in traffic jams so 7s can be better for that type of driving.

Oil - Valvoline VR1 - 20W50.  Use a mineral oil and don't use modern synthetic oils as the tolerances in an x-flow are not good and modern oils are too thin to protect the engine properly.

Oil filter - don't know - but checking on online would suggest an EFL500 would do it - can't you look at the one that's on the car?

I have a 1700 '96 X Flow with a 711m block with 56,000 on the clock

I use BP7ES plugs - these work fine in all conditions

Halfords HOF203 Oil Filter

Valvoline VR1 20w/50 oil (I buy online from Burton Motorsport)

Battery Powervamp PVR25 (This is a gel type battery which can be mounted on its side and never needs toppiing up, but get a battery conditioner as well

Battery conditioner (well worth it to protect your battery ) CTEK 12v 0.8amp (said to be for motorbike batteries but works well with the PVR25

Good luck

Terry

The nice thing about an XFlow is that there's no drain on the battery with the ignition off. That means a small 15Ah battery will do, so you could try a Yasua YTX24HL-BS, Odyssey PC370 or Odyssey PC625. I'm going to try a LiFeP myself, the Skyrich YTX20HL-BL, which weighs less than 2kg.

As for oil, XFlows run a treat on synthetics and mine has done 90k miles on Mobil 1 0W40. Any modern oil is a lot better than what was available in the 1960s, just don't use it for running in.

I've always used BP7s, but I use mine nearly exclusively on the road. You might want cooler BP8s on the track.