Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres again - does size matter?

Viblue7

My Roadsport is on 14" with ZV3's in 185/65/14 and they have to go!

I can get AO21r's (yes road legal stock still available if I dont dither) however they are 185/60/14 -  3% difference in circumference so car will sit lower etc. Does this matter? Will I notice?

Choice in 185/65/14 is limited and seems to come down to Dunlop Bluresponse or Uniroyal Rainexpert3 based on comments in other threads. Have also found a Bridgestone A001 that looks promising.

Yoko's are £460 fitted for 4 whereas the others are less than half that so are they worth it for road use?

Advice and comments appreciated

It may be worth you looking for a second hand set of 13" or 15" wheels .... with the consequent bigger choice of tyres ? On my 15" rims I can use Toyota T1R which are considerably cheaper than the price you are quoting ... especially in the more common 50 profile.

Thx for comments and sump clearance. The 185/65 were on the car when I bought it (not new) from Caterham Midlands so was going to replace like for like etc. The 185/60 seems to be the standard fit so hence confused. Looks like I should be ok with the 185/60 then?