Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Moving the throttle pedal

craigyb

I have  new R400, one of the last made I imagine.

I'm trying to move the throttle pedal to the furthest back position to aid heel and toe, however I can't see how I can shorten the throttle cable to take up the slack. I ahve roller barrels and can't see another position for the cable.

Am I missing something silly?

When I built my Seven, I found I had to bend the pedal to get it in the best position.

I had to take it on and off several times, and with the cable correct and the pedal height correct, it wasn't possible to remove the bolt from the pedal, so leave the bolt in situ as you adjust the pedal in a vise.

Duncan

With a plenum chamber inlet, we have the luxury of a threaded adjuster at the engine end of the throttle cable outer sleeve. Sounds like you don't have this ? Do you have a screw nipple one end or the other of the inner cable ? You must have a way of taking up slack !

I spent an afternoon adjusting my pedals to aid heal'n'toe.  I have a 2006 SV K-series and from memory I just had to loosen a nut slide more cable through and then tighten.  Bearing in mind the three positions you can put them in plus the fine adjustment once in one of the positions it seems a bit of a shame to have to resort to bending things.

It took a good few hours all-in, with a few test drives in the process but for free, it was one of the best upgrades I have done to my car! *driving*