Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front end damage questions...

OliW

Hi all,

I put the front of the 7 in to Shelsley's side banking at Top Ess on Sunday and caused a bit of damage.  Not too serious but it will require a bit of work!

So far, I have figured I need a new nose, bottom nose mounting point, radiator and four mounting points, track rod end, chassis rack mount, and possibly an upright.

Most of that is managable by me, but I wonder about the chassis work.  Can anyone answer the following please?

Can I take a metric chassis to Arch for checking the chassis is straight, to weld the rack mount and other bits?

Can I take it there without stripping it down too much (given the things that need doing)? Can they fix those bits and paint them with the engine etc in, or is it a strip down job?

As for the parts I need, what does anyone think the likelihood is of getting these quickly, given Caterham's stock levels.  I assume that my entries to events in the next three weeks are pretty doubtful now.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers,

Oli

Philip et al - thanks again for the offers of help etc.  The support is much appreciated.

I have most things ordered from Redline and plans underway for sorting the car out.  Fingers crossed it'll be ready for Curborough.

Hi Oli, 

good to see you getting the car fixed at Arch!

What a place- so welcoming, great to see such skills in action building chassis. I feel a pang of guilt in driving a road based Seven with the metric variety...

All the best for the next sprint! 

Cheers, 

Neil