Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone done the Z&F Remap

Bob L

Interested in end user reviews on the Z&F remap.  I’ve read the articles / web links, so now thinking of upgrading without attending site by just advising what I have and few required parameters.  Anyone done this and been pleasantly surprised by the result.  What did you specify for yours (if anything) i.e. idle at 1K to illuminate 6 speed rattle (was 1k enough!), burble on overrun,  and what’s the long term view on performance.  In your opinion was it VFM?

I’d probably pay the extra £60 for a straight swap and keep the old unit.  I believe I would then be paying £279.

Thanks, Bob

Yes! Well worth the money, although I took mine to him (twice actually) for a mapping session, as opposed to via post. If you have an unfettled standard tune engine, e.g. Roadsport/Supersport/VVC etc then there's not much to gain in going to see him as he has standard upgrade maps saved for all of these. I have spoken to people who have been very happy with the results doing this. If you have had any further engine work done then you might gain a few ponies from going for a mapping session.

I've had very light DVA head work and properly timed verniers added to a 1.6K Supersport spec engine and, combined with the remap, has transformed the drive. The DVA work added more grunt, and the Z&F work fine tuned everything and added pin sharp throttle. He set my idle to 1150rpm, which is his preference for supersport (or similarly lumpy) cams. I also got the overrun burble added which sounds superb *cool*

Yes, on an otherwise standard 1.8 VVC. Really sharpened it up, just made the engine more eager to go at all RPM. Quite hard to describe really but put it this way ... I wouldn't want to go back to the standard mapping now! Definitely recommended.

Hi

Excellent IMO, well worth the money, bit more grunt through the rev range makes it more driveable, revs higher, nice pops and bangs on lift off. All on my 140 X-Power EU3.

Your alarm fob will not work on a new ECU but will be fine if you re-map your existing one.

I am booked in at DVA for a head, cams and verniers later in the year, after which Mark at Z&F has suggested he can further tickle the ECU to suit. *yes*

Cheers, Julian

My thanks to all for taking the time to reply with your own personal experiences. The detail you have provided will hopefully enable me to weigh up my options.

If there are any others who have taken this route please feel free to comment.

• 9 months later...

I have been to Mark at ZF/Kmaps twice now and was delighted both times. Some people will advocate waiting for a programmable ECU instead which has its merits but the RR session to programme it will probably be more than the remap and the does not include the cost of the ECU itself. Decision should be based on your overall intentions down the road. Do you have a Supersport engine?