Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fusebox (loose wire)

SteveG

Hopefully a simple request - I have a dodgy connection into the fusebox that causes the electrics to cut out (it's a white wire going into the power socket or adjacent fuse, although that's probably not relevant). The car is a R400D. 

I'd like to tighten the connection up (hopefully its not a broken wire) but can't get my head down there to see how to do that without removing the fuse box - is it possible to tighten a wire connection up while in situ? Does anyone have a photo of a fusebox showing how the wires are held in place so I can try doing it by feel?

Second question is, failing doing it in place I might have to remove the box - I assume that the two bolts on the engine side of the bulkhead connect through to nuts behind/in (?) the fusebox - do you simply remove those to pull out the fusebox? I tried loosening them but they just turn with no effect, I assume they have non-captive nuts on the other side but they seem to be out of sight/reach.

Thanks

Steve

Yes ..... you can undo the two screws and remove the fuse rail. You can reach both sides of the bulkhead if you take the door off. Fuse rail doesn't go very far, being restrained by the wiring loom.

Mobile phone with flash on is good for taking pics. Also with door open or off, kneel beside car on nearside and look under dash. You can see fuses.