Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half Hood

Chris C

No Photos but the straps are threaded behind the bolted ends of the two roll bar angled tubes, once through a small piece of plastic is press-studded to the strap ends therefore cannot be pulled out.

You will most likely have to remove the bolts that go through the angled roll bars as the strap with press stud on it are too large to thread through. You just need to push the bar until the strap goes through then replace the bolt.

The rear QR straps simply squeeze between the roll bar bracket and bar and are easy to fit (remember to remove them when you sell your car though - if forgot to and have a half hood with no straps now, doh! - and theres an R500 somewhere with a pair of straps and no half hood running around somewhere) now.

They couldn't be easier to fit and its a much more pleasant experience driving a car with half hood up compared to full hood - it still feels more or less 'open' and keeps all but the heaviest rain off you.  I recommend them - got mine from Thunder Road - Oxted Trimming - nicely finished product.  I went for vinyl last time, but fabric or mohair is probably better as the vinyl stretches a bit, but looks more like the original hood, door and tonneau material.

• Leadership Team

Chris,

Remember to look carefully at the poppers that hold the side straps, they operate in the reverse sense - pull down to undo, not up - this ensures you can tighten the straps without them popping off. I fitted one of mine incorrectly and had to bodge it until Nick kindly gave me a replacememt.

• 1 year later...

Opening this one up again. 

Live just got a new HH from SBFS. There were no fitting instructions in the box and the old link to their previous website has gone. In the HH box I found a little plastic bag with 6 press stud components, a metal drift and something to rest the lot on when constructing the press stud. However I don't know which press stud I'm meant to replace? I'd guess at the ones either side of the boot cover nearest the doors but anyone got any specific instructions. I'm having problems contact SBFS themselves.