Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ian B's Suggestion thread

Ian B

1. What will happen with the ARs facilities (member list, email info, AR documentation library, etc)

2. What will happen to the Area Mailing Lists that we’ve been promoting and encouraging members to sign up to?

3. Where is the Local Area Calendar? (only a few events are shown on the Area Page, and when you click “Show All” it gives a list of all events in the country, not the Area). Also when all Areas start adding Area Meetings as events (as a few have started to do), the calendar will fill up with “dross” not of interest ot the majority of members.

4. When doing a search, present the results with most recent info first (or give the option to choose the listing preference eg, start date, last post date, number of replies, etc?). Or are they already listed in date order of the last post, and the date shown against Forum Topic refers to the date of the first post, and not the last one?

5. Filter by Author: list names in alphabetical order? Ian B isn’t on the list for dedion, despite being the top thread listed?

6. Use more of the screen width (currently the forum is only ½ the width of a 16:9 screen). Smartphone users can always turn it on its side, but PC users can’t!

7. Differentiate pinned posts better, and maybe reduce the space they take up at the top of the page.

8. Reintroduce Blatmail or a contact member function.

9. Add posters location (to help with for sale/wanted, new member intros, etc) – Maybe nearest POST TOWN based on their Outcode?

10. Add the ability to Lock/Close threads.

11. Add a content type to the event posting form that indicates whether this is a local (only) event so it doesn't appear on the main calendar.

12. Add a tick-box on the event posting forn that indicates whether or not the event is to appear on the event map (ticked by default, but auto unticked if the event is a local only one (see above), and greyed out if the event is a regular Area Meeting.

13.  Add a "go to top of page" button below each thread, or at least at the bottom of a page.  My scroll wheel and finger is wearuing out!

14. Add text box when reporting a post to describe the problem, and allow the user to cancel the report if pressed accidentally (see post #110)

15. tbc http://www.lotus7.club/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Ian

I have been thinking the same. The only way I find AR pages is if I find an email from the AR forum and click on the link. 

Were the AR pages overlooked during development phase or during the migration?

Also I cannot connect to the club email server at the moment - See thread on the the subject.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to maintaining our own Carrotland lists, having recently migrated to the AR area list!

Would need to inform Low Flying (again) to go back, but will hold fire for a while.

Unfortunately I currently have no idea whether members are emailing the "Norfolk and Suffolk (Carrotland)" address and may be waiting for a response from Pierson or myself  *weeping*

Hi Steve,

AR pages are currently still on the old system here (save that as a favourite for now *wink* ).

I don't know why the AR facilities weren't migrated, but I understand it is the intention to do so (update from Shaun is due at the AR meeting *thumbup* ).

I believe there is currently an issue with accessing club emails from crapple devices since a recent crapple update, and Barry is working on it.

In the meantime, if that affects you, you can use webmail to access your Area Email address (your password can be found on the "email" tab in your "My Area").

I've been monitoring the use of email lists and noticed that you are one of the only Areas that haven't been using the "Mail my members" button, but presumably copying and pasting addresses into another app? We really need to encourage you to use the "button", so can you let me know what the problem is using it? (there may be a name and shame session at the ARs meeting *evil* *wink* ).

Email me if you have any questions *wink*

Ian

• Area Representative

Hi Ian

Thanks for the clarification and the tip regarding web access. Works ok, so at least we can monitor new area mail now. We seem to have lost access to the folders that we created but hey, I'm sure Barry will come up with the goods.

In light of this we are relieved that we still use our own lists *wink* .

We don't mind if you "name" at the AR meeting but we won't be "ashamed" *rofl*

Steve