Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec Engine Complete - Scholar 250bhp

Steve Day

Upgrade-itis? Duratec Engine Complete – 250bhp

Hi I am selling my current Duratec engine complete with Throttle Bodies, loom, MBE ECU, air filter / back plate and dry sump including oil hoses.

Briefly, it is a Scholar engine – 250 BHP - 2 Litre

Standard crank, steel rods, tweaked cams

Jenvey DTH Throttle bodies

Pipercross air filter plus back plate

MBE ECU plus loom

Pace Dry Sump plus AH fabrications dry sump tank

This is a proper engine – it runs very well and has had limited use.

Can be seen / heard in the car and experienced as a passenger - on a dry day :-).

Ideal for upgrading – all complete and ready to go for just £5350

Cheers Steve

Edited by - Steve Day on 19 Sep 2014 17:11:44

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for various interest on the engine to date

As mentioned, this engine is coming out of my Caterham (S3 chassis) – so the parts supplied are ideally suited for install into a se7en. I thought it might be useful to confirm with a list of what's included, what's not and what's extra.

Dry Sump Pump and oil hoses – the pump is included, the dry sump pan is also included but the external dry sump tank won't be as I understand that I can and will need to re-use it.
Flywheel - this is included
Clutch Assembly – isn't included
Fuel Pressure Regulator – this will be included
Coolant Hoses to Radiator – this will be included
Header tank – this will be included
Radiator – this will be included
Water Pump – the standard water pump is included – it's not an external electric one.
Starter Motor – this will be included
Engine Mounts – these can be included
The Alternator, Throttle bodies, fuel rail, ECU, loom, injectors, air filter, backplate, are all included
with the parts mentioned above for the advertised price £5,350.00

Exhaust Manifold/ Primaries – these are Caterham parts and will be available but they aren’t included in the price as I advertised
Exhaust Silencer – this is a Techcraft Mega Cat Exhaust – also available, as per manifold
The price for exhaust and silencer: £600.00

I don't have a copy of the rolling road trace but I have spoken to Scholar who confirmed that the engine is one of the 250bhp versions they produced. I do have a copy letter from them confirming engine numbers plus the contacts there.

A bit of background; I have had Caterhams since 1998 and been in the L7 club since then – there are a few people in the club who know me and will appreciate that I am keen to maintain a good reputation. I’m back into competing in a Caterham having had 6 years in single seaters, my early ‘retirement’ gives me the chance to build a bit of a hill-climb focussed monster, hence selling the existing Duratec. It’s difficult to warrant a used engine but my plan is to get Nigel Keats (at Cougar) to check the engine over before he de-installs it, to check cam chain, timing and valve clearances, so I can sell it and the buyer can buy it with equal confidence.

I hope that this information helps? Ask away if you have any more questions.

Cheers Steve