Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VVC head conversion

Kal-El

I will shortly be fitting a VVC head to my 1800 EU3 car. I have the newer EU3 style cam cover, and it appears to be distributorless. I would like to use an earlier EU2 type cam cover (non-vvc). What if anything will I need to consider in terms of plug leads and coils with this setup?

Many thanks

P.

Hi Oily,

So if I order a VVC mk1 block mounted coil pack and corresponding mk1 VVC leads this should do it? Loom should be ok as we are making a custom loom to match up to the MS2 ECU. Are the plugs the same? Also, where on the block does the coil pack mount?

Thanks for your help.

So is it possible for me to have the older style cam cover, but still have coil on plug? I assumed they wouldn't fit. What I am trying to achieve is the new VVC head, older style cam cover but still maintain wasted spark type ignition. Perhaps this setup from QED would be best?

So confused.com

No, coil on plug goes with later cam cover. Sagems use a junior power timer plug. The reason I went with the later style even though its not the best for looks is, the coils were easy to wire as I used a standard harness on the coils and then altered the loom to connect using econoseal connector from polevolt. Other reasons are weight and the fact that the plastic cover keeps the water at bay. None of this "my plug wells are full of water/shiz" shiz