Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Getting black flagged at Brands!

So ... anyone going to admit driving a green Caterham, wearing a black helmet and ending up on the Indy circuit thus causing me to get the Black Flag? *tongue*

Bob

Quoting makingff: 
Chris, no, mistaken identity!

I had no problems with noise and was expecting to after being tested at 98db in the morning.

Ahhhh ..... had problems there before with same.

Glad you all had a good day. Couldnt make it in the end due to work ... boooh !

I only did one quick-ish lap, then come in to let no.2 driver have a go, but marshal wouldn't let the car out again as I just broke the noise limit.

I have reviewed my video to try and see where I got caught, Chris I know you stated in the past where the meters are, but I could of only been done on the pit wall between the pit lane entrance and approximately garage no. 8, as I hugged the pit wall, then pulled out way before start/finish line. Personally I think the meter is in a nice little white box pit side approximately opposite garage 10. But of course I could be wrong *smile*

Quoting Pendennis: 
I only did one quick-ish lap, then come in to let no.2 driver have a go, but marshal wouldn't let the car out again as I just broke the noise limit.

I have reviewed my video to try and see where I got caught, Chris I know you stated in the past where the meters are, but I could of only been done on the pit wall between the pit lane entrance and approximately garage no. 8, as I hugged the pit wall, then pulled out way before start/finish line. Personally I think the meter is in a nice little white box pit side approximately opposite garage 10. But of course I could be wrong *smile*

They are on a aprox 6 foot stalk with a typical microphone covering ( looks like an afro !). I dont know where if at all they have one on the GP part of the circuit but on the Indy as posted before.

Quoting Pendennis: 
I must of been done by the one at the end of pit lane then.

3rd time this year I've been thrown off, two other times during test days all midweek 😬

Not a lot I can do about it I think, just need to steer clear of track and quiet test days *redface*

Put a small diverter on the end of the exhaust that channels the noise down as a posed to straight out the right and at the microphones. Mine knocked a couple of db`s off and got me through the rest of the day. I have no sourced a proper bit of kit that bolts in the end that is non restrictive but knocks 3db`s off on a static test. Its a pain but its only going to get worse as the neighbours get more vociferous.

Last time I was noise tested I said to the bloke , well if you have got to be a meter away from the exhaust can you move round to the other side of the car please. You should have seen his face !!

oops, sorry MadCat52, time to fess up! It was me that was black flagged: first track day ever and first time at Brands Hatch. Managed to turn right after Surtees onto Maclaren rather than going on to Pilgrims drop! Then had to re-join on Clearways after my sneaky short cut. I think I am the green car in your second video with the caption "What is he doing there?". The really embarrassing thing is that I did it TWICE! *confused* I was black flagged (quite right) but the guys were fairly understanding and a bit amused about it. Maybe should install satnav for my next day out.

Anyway, got the hang of it in the end and had a great day. Sorry you got the blame first. *rolleyes*

Paul

Quoting Igno7: 
oops, sorry MadCat52, time to fess up! It was me that was black flagged: first track day ever and first time at Brands Hatch. Managed to turn right after Surtees onto Maclaren rather than going on to Pilgrims drop! Then had to re-join on Clearways after my sneaky short cut. I think I am the green car in your second video with the caption "What is he doing there?". The really embarrassing thing is that I did it TWICE! *confused* I was black flagged (quite right) but the guys were fairly understanding and a bit amused about it. Maybe should install satnav for my next day out.

Anyway, got the hang of it in the end and had a great day. Sorry you got the blame first. *rolleyes*

Paul

You pays all that money to do the GP circuit and you decide to use the indy circuit 😬 Ask for a refund ! 😬

Paul, no sweat, I was relieved I hadn't done anything wrong!

Andy, 300bhp ... in my dreams, bog standard 1.8K with 140bhp. It was defo a case of mistaken identity by the marshalls and nothing to do with noise levels.

Bob