Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Handling/suspension problem

Seven in SA

My car seems to have developed a funny handling trait. Under acceleration it seems to dive down to the front left of the car. You can feel it pulling accross and need to adjust the steering wheel to correct this. Then if you take your foot of the loud pedal it pulls up to the right, again requiring an adjustment on the steering wheel.

My diff seems to be clonking a bit more then normal but the A frame bushes look OK.

Any advise? *confused* 🙆🏻

Nic

Also check the other ends of the A frame bushes. Also the radius arm bushes when they go can give an effect similar to what you describe though not as extreme. Also check you haven't got a broken or unseated spring and that if your dampers are adjustable that you have them set the same across the axle. It might help if you have someone knowledgeable watch you move away in the car as they could indicate where they think the problem lies.

PC,

Tyres have not come off and as far as I know the wheels are on the same side (rears are wider so only two options).

My wife is expecting our first born on Thursday and so I am a bit limited for time and assistance to check things. I think I will drop it in for a check up whilst playing with the new born, then I might not miss is too much 😳.

Will have a look at the rear end tonight and se if I can spot anything odd.

Nic